These super-simple paper plate
crafts are perfect for an enchanted unicorn birthday party and easy enough for all ages to enjoy! We've included 2 different unicorn designs to create including a unicorn and a caticorn, a mix between a cat and a unicorn. Each design features a photo and written step-by-step instructions so you can easily create each plate. Help younger children by pre-cutting the pieces. For older kids, let them trace a template and cut, or even free-hand it. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, or simply looking for some fun and inexpensive entertainment, these simple unicorn projects fits the bill.
How To: Caticorn Paper Plate Craft
Here's a meowgical project to create at your caticorn-themed party, or anytime you're in the mood to get crafty! All you need is a few simple supplies to create this caticorn paper plate craft. For young children, pre-cut the pieces for a simplified version. For kids who are ready for scissors, have them trace a template and cut, or free-hand it.
1. Cut two cat ear shapes from the pink paper plate
2. Cut two circles from the pink paper plate for the cat muzzle.
3. Cut a small heart from the pink paper plate for the cat nose.
4. Cut a unicorn horn from the yellow paper plate
5. Glue the cat ears to the top of the pastel blue paper plate
6. Glue the unicorn horn on the back of the plate, between the ears.
7. Glue the heart nose in the center of the plate.
8. Glue the circle pieces on either side of the nose.
9. Use the permanent marker to draw on cute lashes, under the ears and above the nose.
10. Glue the googly eyes under the lashes.
11. Use the permanent market to draw on a cat mouth and whiskers.
How To: Unicorn Paper Plate Craft
Make some magic and create this adorable unicorn paper plate craft! This project is perfect for a unicorn birthday party activity, or just for crafting on a rainy day. Good for young and old alike, help small children by pre-cutting the pieces. Older kids can trace a template and cut, or free-hand it. For a fun twist, add a paper straw handle and cut eye holes to transform into a unicorn mask.
1. Cut two unicorn ear shapes from one of the pastel blue paper plates.
2. Cut two unicorn inner ear shapes from the pink paper plate. Make them small enough to fit inside the pastel blue ears.
3. Cut two circles from the remaining pink paper plate.
4. Cut a unicorn horn from the yellow paper plate.
5. Glue the pink inner ears on the larger blue ears.
6. Glue the completed ears on the top of the back of the unused pastel blue paper plate.
7. Glue the unicorn horn on the back of the plate, between the ears.
8. Glue the pink circles on the plate to look like blushing cheeks.
9. Use the permanent marker to draw on cute lashes, under the ears and above the cheeks.