These super-simple paper plate
crafts are perfect for Spring and easy enough for all ages to enjoy! This pretty flower design features a photo and written step-by-step instructions so you can easily create it. Help younger children by pre-cutting the pieces. For older kids, let them trace a template and cut, or even free-hand it. Whether you're making Spring crafts, or simply looking for some fun and inexpensive entertainment, these simple projects fits the bill.
How To: Flower Paper Plate Craft
Enjoy an everlasting, handmade flower with this fun and simple flower paper plate craft. All you need is some paper plates, basic crafting supplies, and a little creativity! This paper plate flower is elegant enough that it could be party or home decor. Simply create several flowers in complementary colors and create a grouping of them on a wall!
1. Cut V-shapes from the rim of the white paper plate to look like petals.
2. With the first pink paper plate, cut inside the rim to create two pieces: the rim and a circle from the center. Set aside the rim to use later. Cut a
wavy line around the circle from the center.
3. With the second pink paper plate, cut a smaller circle with a wavy line around the outside.
4. With the third pink paper plate, cut a circle. Cut around the circle toward the center to create strips. Use the pencil to curl the strips under.
5. With the yellow paper plate, cut a small circle and a medium-sized circle. Cut a wavy edge around the medium-sized circle.
6. Assemble your flower by first placing down the pink paper plate rim.
7. Place and glue the white paper plate on top of the pink rim.
8. Place and glue the largest wavy pink circle on top of the white paper plate.
9. Place and glue the wavy yellow circle on next.
10. Place and glue the smaller wavy pink circle on next.
11. Place and glue the pink curled piece next.
12. Place and glue the small yellow circle in the middle of the pink curled piece.
13. Fluff up the curls to create your desired look.