These super-simple paper plate
crafts are perfect for springtime fun and easy enough for all ages to enjoy! This design features a photo and written step-by-step instructions so you can easily create this fun umbrella plate. Help younger children by pre-cutting the pieces. For older kids, let them trace a template and cut, or even free-hand it. If you're looking for some fun and inexpensive entertainment, this simple project fits the bill.
How To: Umbrella Paper Plate Craft
It's raining...it's pouring...time to start crafting! This umbrella paper plate craft is perfect for a rainy-day activity, or if you're covering a weather unit at school. Help younger children by pre-cutting the pieces. For older kids, let them trace a template and cut, or even free-hand it. For an extra-fun touch, you could even decorate the umbrella with stickers.
1. Cut the purple paper plate in half. This will be the umbrella.
2. Cut a J shape from the yellow paper plate. This will be the umbrella handle.
3. Cut six small raindrops from the pastel blue paper plate.
4. Glue the umbrella handle to the umbrella.
5. Glue the raindrops to the ribbon pieces.
6. Glue the raindrop ribbons to the underside of the umbrella.